Indian Government has availed a new unified mobile application. Use e-Govt. services on your phone. Know how to avail all the services of UMAG App. The government is ready to help citizen to access e-government services with the new application named ‘Unified Mobile Application for New age Government’ or UMANG.
The dream project of PM Narendra Modi to make India Digital is on its move continuously. After many subprojects of digitalization in India, the government has now come up with a new application UMANG which stand for Unified Mobile Application for New age Governance. Through this application, you can make you all the government works digitally. For example- If a person wants to apply for a passport or wants to pay various bills or to access any other government services which have a digital platform, then he/she can use new UMANG application. The App can be run through Aadhaar Card.
UMANG Application Features
The UMANG Application will give the users facility to access various different type of agencies with a single app. The Officials also has said, “It would be like easy on-boarding of government departments. It would also provide multi-lingual support including English”. There are some features of UMAG App that will tell you why should you use this-
- The App has access to 162 services of 32 departments and 4 states.
- Payment of various utility bills such as electricity, water, mobile, and gas are available in this App.
- The UMANG App supports 13 languages and it caters to on-demand scalability.
- It will soon support feature phones without internet through USSD.
The Unified Mobile Application for New age Governance or UMANG App is available on the Google Play. But before using the UMANG App, you need to register yourself on the Application. Follow the below steps to register yourself on UMANG and use it easily-
1. Install UMANG app through ‘Google Play’. Click on ‘New User’ to go to registration page.
2. Enter your mobile number and click to ‘proceed’. It will send an OTP to verify that it’s you.
3. Enter the OTP received the mobile number. If the entered OTP is correct, it will ask you to set MPIN.
4. Enter the MPIN. And confirm it by entering the same MPIN for confirmation. Click the proceed icon to continue. You will be asked for a security question now.
5. Select any of the two questions and provide answers to these questions at the time of registration. Click to ‘proceed’. The Aadhaar integration screen will appear to enable users to link their Aadhaar ID with their UMANG profile.
6. Enter the Aadhaar number to log in. Click ‘SKIP’ to add the Aadhaar information later.
7. Addition of Aadhaar number allows users to log in to UMANG. They can log in using their Aadhaar number. The Aadhaar in UMANG app is used to handle eKYC so that users cannot link their Aadhaar ID with multiple profiles in UMANG.
8. Click ‘proceed’ to complete the Aadhaar integration. Again you need to do mobile number verification of the number in Aadhaar card.
9. Enter the OTP received. Enter the profile information and click ‘Save & Proceed’ or click ‘Skip’ to add the profile details later.
10: If you have entered an email address in the profile information, an email is sent to the entered email address for verification. When you check your inbox and click on the verification link, the email is added to the user profile.